Thursday 17 February 2011

 The bus station - it was very loud here with all the music blaring out!

 We fed the manatees grass in the national park - they were in a lake and you whistled and they came up to the side - was quite amazing!
 The sea and the sea wall - which stops the sea flooding the town (hopefully!) Not quite like the rest of the Caribbean!
 The local park - which was full of people playing cricket - the most popular sport here. 

 My room where I am staying at the moment and my new best friend - the mossie net!
 The newbies! I arrived with (L to R) Ian, Fiona, Susan, Me and Nick.  We went to a creek park for the national Muslim holiday on Wednesday 16th. There are 12 bank holidays in the year.

 We had a lesson on all the new types of fruit and vegetables - or ones you knew but had new names.
We went to another creek today (for training honest!) and had a dip in the black water creek. There is a saying in Guyana that "if you drink the creek water and eat the Laba (bush meat) you'll return to the Guyana" well I did one of two today - not intentionally but the current was quite strong!

2 comments:

  1. Yay love the pics, you look really well! I bet England already seems like a long time ago. The sea and sea wall does look a bit like burnham-on-sea, but I'm sure its warmer at least!

    ReplyDelete